|Steel production company|
SAIL - Whole Test Paper Placement Paper Question and Answers
SAIL Management Trainee Electronics Model Questions And AnswersThis paper contains generally asked questions in three different sections such as:
- General Knowledge
a) Aptitude Questions:1. Jagan went to another town covering 240 km by car moving at 60 kmph. Then he covered 400km by train moving at 100 kmph and then rest 200 km he covered by a bus moving at 50 kmph. The average speed during
the whole journey was:
2. A shopkeeper buys 144 eggs at 90 paise each. In the way 20 eggs were broken. He sold the remaining eggs at Rs. 1.20 each. The percentage gain or loss is
3. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back wheel .What is the distance?
Answer : 2
4. A shop gives 10% discount on the purchase of an item. If paid for in cash immediately, a further discount of 12% is given. If the original price of the item is Rs. 250, what is the price of the article if a cash purchase is made?
5. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take?
6. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution
7. City A's population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population?
8. A pipe of 2 inch diameter fills the water tank in one hour. If the diameter of the pipe is 4 inch in what time will the pipe fill the same tank?
9.Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to meet?
10. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won't able to buy 3 paise stamps.
11. A horse is tied at the corner of a rectangular field, whose length is 20m and width is 16m with a rope whose length is 14m. Find the area which the horse can graze?
12. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
13. Which of the following fractions is less than 1/3
14. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the
ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
15. Three types of tea the a,b,c costs Rs. 95/kg,100/kg and70/kg respectively. How many kgs of each should be blended to produce 100 kg of mixture worth Rs.90/kg, given that the quntities of band c are equal
16. The area of a triangle is equal to the area of a square whose each side is 60 metres. The height of the triangle is 90 metres. The base of the triangle will be
17. Sam and Rita was sitting in a park in the evening looking at the sunset to the horizon. What is the direction of their right hand side?
18. It takes 40 men eight days to earn Rs. 2000.How many men will earn Rs.200 in two days?
19. Ten men can finish construction of a wall in eight days. How much men are needed to finish the work in half-a-day?
20. It was Wednesday on July 15, 1964. What was the day on July 15, 1965?
None of these
b) Technical Questions:
1. Two coils in differential connection have self-inductance of 2 mH and 4 mH and a mutual inductance of 0.15 mH. The equivalent inductance of the combination is
2. Opto-couplers combine
SITs and BJTs
IGBTs and MOSFETS
Power transformers and silicon transistor
Infrared light-emitting diode and a silicon photo transistor
3. In TV system, vertical pulses are separated out from horizontal pulses by the use of
4. Two point charges Q and -Q are located on two opposite corners of a square as shown in figure. If the potential at the corner A is taken as 1V, then the potential at B, the center of the square will be
5. Frequency in the UHF range propagate by means of
6. The efficiency of a chopper can be expected in the range
50 to 55 percent
65 to 72 percent
82 to 87 percent
92 to 99 percent
7. The function of diplexer bridge in a TV transmitter is
to prevent the loading of several transmitters by video transmitter
to increase the bandwidth
to increase the power output
to increase the efficiency of transmission.
8. Pure metals generally have
high conductivity and low temperature coefficient
high conductivity and large temperature coefficient
low conductivity and zero temperature coefficient
low conductivity and high temperature coefficient
9. The number of LED displays in duration in logic probe are?
1 or 2
10. Which of these are two state device?
All the above
11. A current transducer respond to?
steady current only
pulsating current only
both pulasting and steady
none of these
12. -ogic analyser is?
a multi channel oscilloscope
similar to logic pulser
similar to current tracer
none of above
13. The output impenitence of a logic pulser is?
.ay be low or high
14. $urrent I0 in the given circuit will be
15. In the given circuit voltage 7 is reduced to half. The current will become
I ȼR2 9- 9$ 2
16. The function 3 s has
s 1 s 2
one zero, two poles
no zero, one pole
no zero, two poles
one zero, no pole
17. The diameter of an atom is of the order
18. .If the d.c. valve of a rectified output is 300 V & peak to peak ripple voltage is 10 V, the ripple factor is
19. .Compared to a CB amplifier the CE amplifier has higher
output dynamic resistance
input dynamic resistance
all of the above
20. Which of the following binary number is equivalent to BCD?
None of these
c) General Knowledge Questions
1. Which pass was opened between India and China for trade?
2. ‘Threat of global warming’ is increasing due to increasing concentration of:
3. The Finance Commission is primarily concerned with recommending to the President about :
The principle governing grants-in-aid to be given to the States
Distributing the net proceeds of the taxes between the Centre and the States
4. The ball used in which of the games is usually oval in shape?
5. Rajya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of :
6. Who is known a the first Law Officer of India?
Chief Justice of India
Law Minister of India
Solicitor General of India
7. Nathu La Pass is situated in which state?
8. .As per recommendations of the Twelfth Finance Commission,percentage share of States of the shareable central taxes is?
9. In India, national income is estimated by :
Central Statistical Organization
Indian Statistical Institute
National Sample Survey Organization
10. Which one of the following is the time limit for the ratification of an emergency period by the Parliament?
11. .Which one of the following is not an objective of fiscal policy of Indian Government?
Regulation of inter-State trade
Equitable distribution of wealth and income.
12. How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in India so far?
13. What is earlier name of the present ‘National Library in Kolkata’?
14. Which one of the following motions can the Council of Ministers in India move?
No Confidence Motion
15. The capital of Mauritius is
* To get File; clear, download the SAIL Previous Years Placement Papers Questions and Answers.