Mechanical and other. Units covered: INTRODUCTION, DRIVE MOTOR CHARACTERISTICS, STARTING METHODS, CONVENTIONAL AND SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL OF D.C. DRIVES and CONVENTIONAL AND SOLID STATE SPEED CONTROL OF A.C. DRIVES.
- Basic Elements
- Types of Electric Drives
- factors influencing the choice of electrical drives
- heating and cooling curves
- Loading conditions and classes of duty
- Selection of power rating for drive motors with regard to thermal overloading and Load variation factors
- Mechanical characteristics
- Speed-Torque characteristics of various types of load and drive motors
- Braking of Electrical motors
- DC motors: Shunt, series and compound
- single phase and three phase induction motors.
- Types of D.C Motor starters
- Typical control circuits for shunt and series motors
- Three phase squirrel cage and slip ring induction motors.
- Speed control of DC series and shunt motors
- Armature and field control
- Ward-Leonard control system
- Using controlled rectifiers and DC choppers –applications.
- Speed control of three phase induction motor
- Voltage control, voltage / frequency control, slip power
- recovery scheme
- Using inverters and AC voltage regulators – applications.
To get the file, download the ELECTRICAL DRIVES AND CONTROLS Lecture Notes Study Material PDF.