Source: Credits goes to the faculty and staff of Pavendar Bharathidasan Institute of Information Technology.
SUBJECT NAME: TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
UNIT- I INTRODUCTION-TQM PART – A (2 MARKS)
1. Define Total Quality?
TQM is a enhancement to the traditional way of doing business. It is the art of managing the whole to achieve excellence. It is defined both a philosophy and a set of guiding principles that represent the foundation of a continuously improving organization.
2. Define Quality?
Quality = Performance x Expectations
3. What are the Dimensions of Quality?
- Performance - Features - Conformance - Reliability - Durability
4. Give the Basic Concepts of TQM?
_ A committed and involved management to provide long-term top-tobottom organizational support. An unwavering focuses on the customer, both internally and externally. _ Effective involvement and utilization of the entire work force.
5. State Deming Philosophy?
-Create and publish the aims and purposes of the organization. -_Learn the new philosophy. -Understand the purpose of inspection. -_Stop awarding business based on price alone. _ -Improve constantly and forever the system. _ -Institute training.
6. Give the Principles of TQM?
1. Constancy of purpose: short range and long range objectives aligned 2. Identify the customer(s); Customer orientation 3. Identification of internal and external customers 4. Continuous improvement 5. Workflow as customer transactions
7. Give the Obstacles associated with TQM Implementation?
-_Lack of management commitment -_Inability to change organizational culture -Improper planning_Lack of continuous training and education -Incompatible organizational structure and isolated individuals and departments
8. Give the Analysis Techniques for Quality Costs?
i. Trend Analysis ii. Pareto Analysis
9. Define Quality Costs?
Quality Costs are defined as those costs associated with the nonachievement ofproduct or service quality as defined by the requirements established by the organization and its contracts with customers and society.
10. Give the primary categories of Quality cost?
i. Preventive cost category ii. Appraisal cost category iii. Internal failure cost category iv. External failure cost category
PART – B
1. What is quality cost? Explain the techniques used for Quality cost? (16)
2. Explain the principles of TQM? (16)
3. Explain Deming Philosophy? (16)
4. Explain the barriers to TQM implementation? (16)
5. Explain the concepts of Leadership? (16)
UNIT- II TQM PRINCIPLES PART – A (2 MARKS)
1. State Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?
Level 1 : Survival Level 2 : Security Level 3 : Social Level 4 : Esteem Level 5 : Self-actualization
2. State Frederick Herzberg’s Two-factor theory?
Herzberg found that people were motivated by recognition, responsibility, achievement and the work itself.
3. What does an employee want?
i. Interesting work I ii. Appreciation iii. Involvement
4. What are the concepts to achieve a motivated work force?
a. Know thyself b. Know your employees c. Establish a positive attitude d. Share the goals
e. Monitor progress f. Develop interesting work g. Communicate effectively h. Celebrate success
5. Define Empowerment?
Empowerment means invest people with authority. Its purpose is to tap the enormous reservoir of creativity and potential contribution that lies within every worker at all levels.
6. What are the three conditions necessary to create the empowered environment?
i. Everyone must understand the need for change. ii. The system needs to change for the new paradigm iii. The organization must enable its employees
7. What are the types of teams?
i. Process improvement team ii. Cross-functional team iii. Natural work teams iv. Self-directed/self-managed work teams
8. What are the characteristics of successful teams?
a. Sponsor b. Team charter c. Team composition d. Training e. Ground rules f. Clear objectives g. Accountability h. Well-defined decision procedures i. Resources
9. What are the decision-making methods?
a) Nondecision b) Unilateral decision c) Handclasp decision d) Minority-rule decision e) Majority-rule decision f) Consensus
10. What are the stages of team development?
i. Forming ii. Storming iii. Norming iv. Performing
* To get Clear; figures / diagrams, tables / values, answers / explanations and more, download the Total Quality Management Unit wise Short Questions and Answers PDF.
G+1, Like and Share to your friends...
Don't miss Updates